Thursday, October 15, 2009

21 Days Post Op

I have made it to the three week mark. Before I actually blog I want to put some good vibes out there for Andrea Ross - Andrea you are healthy in body, mind and spirit!

I remain relatively sane (apart from the wanting to cry over spilled yogurt earlier in the week) and in next to no pain now. Sneezing is now manageable. I've really been taking it easy this week so that I don't balloon up with fluid. You'd think that with all this dedicated sitting on my ass time I'd have finished one of the novels I'm working on. I haven't. I'm procrastinating in a major way. I'm not sure why. I just find it so much easier to play Scramble on Facebook and do the music trainer programs that I found online. There's this incredibly cool site where you can test yourself on keys, notes and keyboard knowledge. http://www.8notes.com/games/I've been spending lots (and I mean LOTS) of time on it since its discovery. I am determined to teach myself how to read music. Well, with the help of David who can actually read music. I'm pretty good at the treble and bass clefs, but my brain does turn to mush after doing it for awhile. You're probably not supposed to do it for over an hour at a time. See? Major procrastination.

Went to my second rehearsal for Sweeney Todd last night. Nice to be able to sing without straining my stomach muscles. Did some minor blocking and bugged out early. The Beggar Woman doesn't do much other than skulk around - figured out my blocking and walked home in the nice cool October air. It's so nice to be able to stand up tall once more - not quite at the point where I can arch my back, but it's so much better than it was!

The Neo Citrin and sleeping pills alternated with the Neo Citrin and valerian have been helping me deal with my cold and sleeplessness. Last night I tried for the first time to sleep on my back sans wedge pillow with just two pillows under my knees. Fell asleep just fine, but the pillows shifted and my back and stomach were a bit sore this morning. I'm going to try tying the pillows together for tonight so that they'll stay put.

Today I've been using an icepack on top of the binder. I don't know if it's doing any good, but it sure feels nice. I mean, I'm just sitting here, I may as well multi-task while typing.

I really need to wash the binder. There's a bit of a conundrum though. I can't dry it in the dryer, so that means that I'm relegated to the wearing of control top panties while it dries and the elasticity of all of those types of panties isn't anywhere close to the firm elasticity of the binder. Maybe if I wash the binder right before bed one night and leave it to dry on the radiator while I just sleep in the panties? Maybe if wear two pairs of those panties? This is what I have been reduced to - pantie talk. Yeesh. I have to say that I'm looking forward to the days (in 3 short weeks) when I'll be able to wear regular underwear. This isn't unlike those last few weeks of pregnancy - the waiting. I'm waiting to see what the Doc will say on Tuesday. I'm waiting to wear regular panties. I'm waiting to do sit ups. I'm waiting for my scar to heal, for my belly button stitches to properly dissolve.

What a luxurious position I'm in. I'm allowed to watch tv and read and blog all day if I want - I need a perspective shift. I'm doing what needs to be done for me right now. The more I stick to what I should be doing, the less time the healing will take. Other people have so much worse shit to be dealing with. It's time to get a grip and suck it up. If this is the most terrible thing to be troubling me? I've got a pretty freaking good life. It's good to remember that.

Okay, before I forget... I was reading another person's blog about her tummy tuck. This girl is now planning on getting pregnant. It is strongly recommended that you should NEVER have a tummy tuck if you are planning to get pregnant after that - all that recuperation will have been for naught. I guess if you've got unlimited funds and you don't mind having to go through this sort of painful thing all over again, but really? This sort of operation is for when you have FINISHED having kids - or you never plan on having them. Why would anyone ever do this twice? I guess if you happen to have an OB and a plastic surgeon in the family you could have a c-section/tummy tuck at the same time the second time around, but... nuh-unh once is definitely enough for me.

Cheers!
Heather

3 comments:

  1. I read that tummy tuck patient may be required to spend a night under medical observation if they undergo circumferential tummy tucks or have multiple procedures performed. Once a patient returns home, there is a recovery process that follows.


    Tummy Tuck in the Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive web site, Distinguished feedback that I can tackle. Im moving forward and may apply to my current job as a pet sitter, which is very enjoyable, but I need to additional expand. Regards. https://www.surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery/michigan-tummy-tuck/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing useful information also check my blog Tummy tuck in in pakistan

    ReplyDelete