Monday, September 28, 2009

4 Days Post Op

Tired today. Didn't sleep well from my 3:30 a.m. drug dose. Slightly nauseated in the morning to the point where I popped a Gravol. Drinking the prune juice continues to be a great taste sensation, but can't complain as I am pooping regularly - hooray! My Grey's Anatomy binge fest is so deliciouly decadent. My Mom came after lunch and there ain't nothing like a Mom to make you feel bettter. Could not keep my eyes opened in the afternoon and dozed for about an hour. After dinner, I walked half a block with David and my Mom as bodyguards ensuring that I didn't try to overextend myself, the first time out. Now, of course I feel like I was hit by a truck. But to go from walking 5-10 km daily to doing nothing - I'm having fresh air DTs! I know that I have to take it easy, I KNOW that. I'm trying to be good. I don't want to hurt myself, but if I don't start to get some oxygen moving through my system soon...

Going to try to sleep with only one wedge pillow under my back tonight to see if that helps my sleep cycle. My skin under the binding is itchy which probably means that I'm beginning to heal - Whoo-Hoo to that! Played the Pyramid Home Game with Mom, David and Rissa right before bed. "Things a Panda would say?" "Black and White things?" So much fun in spite of my having to hold onto my stomach when I did laugh so that I wouldn't pop any stitches. Mom and I laugh so much together and that I have a kid who likes word games? I'm in 7th Heaven here! Going to try to make it through the night without any codeine - I'll see how that works and I'll let you know.

Although I did feel better today, my energy level is actual less because I did more, if that makes any sense - I'll have to be a bit more vigilant about that. I don't want to his to be a 2 steps forward 3 steps back kind of thing. Other good news - my drain which had been draining about 50 cc's a day drained 30 cc's today - which is a REALLY good thing!

Cheers!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment