Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tummy Tuck Day!

Okay, so it is EARLY. And seeing as I can neither eat nor drink anything I thought I'd post. Yesterday in the shower, I knocked an upper rib out of whack when I tossed my head. The irony of this is that on Monday I had a chiropractic adjustment AND a massage to make sure that I was all tuned up before the surgery. So late yesterday I went back to the chiropractor who said "What are you doing here? I'm not supposed to see you yet." I'd kill for a muscle relaxant right now. My husband says "Don't worry in a few hours that pain will be the least of your worries."

Yesterday I started getting butterflies. Lots and lots of butterflies. With erratic thoughts popping through my head "Is that a sore throat?" "I've changed my mind!" "What if I don't wake up from surgery?" "Will I truly be able to bounce quarters off my stomach?" (Because if that's the case, that could maybe be a good carnival sideline for me.)

My daughter gave me lots of hugs when we left her last night. I had two friends drop by last night to wish me well, several phone calls and email messages - so thanks everyone who is thinking of me, I am very fortunate to have so many amazing friends and family members.

So this is it - this is me closing my eyes and taking the leap... I'll let you know how it goes!

Cheers!
Heather

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. It’s a advisable to discuss what you want if you wish to undergo tummy tuck surgery with your surgeon if you haven’t already. Any medical problems that you have should be taken into careful account by your family physician and your cosmetic surgeon before abdominoplasty surgery.

    Tummy Tuck in the Philippines

    ReplyDelete